Have a great summer job!
The 2019 SYEP Application Deadline is Friday, April 26th!
Sign up for the New York City Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) and request placement with Creative Art Works.
- Be part of a team that creates a large-scale public mural, multimedia project, or documentary film project.
- Ages 16 through 21 (NOTE: You must be 16, but no older than 21, on July 8th, 2018).
- No prior artistic experience necessary.
- The program runs July 8th through August 17th; Monday through Thursday from 9:30 AM - 4:45 PM.
Follow These Four Steps:
1. Fill out the application on-line at: https://application.nycsyep.com by Friday, April 26th.
2. When the application asks you to select an SYEP provider, choose “Manhattan” or “Bronx,” and one of the organizations below:
- Inwood Community Services (Film & Multimedia Programs)
- Catholic Charities -- Archdiocese (Mural Programs)
- Children’s Aid Society (Mural Programs)
- Bronxworks (Mural Programs)
- Police Athletic League (PAL) (Mural Programs)
When the application asks you to select an SYEP provider, Residents of the following NYCHA properties should choose “Manhattan,” and the organization dedicated to your residence.
- St. Nicholas Houses (Mural Programs) Apply through: The Children’s Aid Society
- Polo Grounds (Mural Programs) Apply through: Madison Square Boys & Girls Club
- Baruch Houses (Film Program only) Apply through: Henry Street Settlement Project
3. Once you’ve applied, please email your full name, phone number, email address, and provider to Yun-Hee Proffit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Attend your provider’s mandatory work fair (you will receive details via email) and ask to speak to a representative from Creative Art Works.